ARB 0.71% $38.47 arb corporation limited.

So a short-term cyclical variation in an exchange rate had no...

1. 16,510 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8045
    So a short-term cyclical variation in an exchange rate had no bearing on ARB shareholder value over the past 6 months?

It had no bearing on EBIT margins?

I know the answer but why don't you check for yourself instead of calling on others to provide the answers for you?

To find that information - it's all in the company's audited financial statements - would take less time than it took for you to write that post to me.

(Hint: Be sure to adjust for the adoption of AASB16 in the FY2020 interim and final accounts, as well as the Jobkeeper payment received by the company in the June half.)

"It had no bearing on the ~200% share price rise since the march lows?"

You can ruminate and speculate about why share prices do what they do over short-term time frames until the cows come home if that's what you think will inform the way to create long-term wealth by investing in the share market.

But it's really a fool's errand based on my long-made observations (as I've mentioned to you on umpteen occasions... yet for some reason that doesn't stop you continuing to pose these sorts of inane and irrelevant macro-economic questions to me.)

For example, take different time frames:

1 Jan to today:

The A$:US$ exchange rate is today 4% higher than it was at the beginning of the year.
    ARB's share price is 70% higher than on 1 January.

Going back 1 year:
    A$:US$ is today is 7% higher than same time last year
    ARB share price is 78% higher

Going back 2 years:
    A$:US$ is today is 2% higher than 2 years ago
    ARB share price is 86% higher

Demonstrably, zero correlation.

PS. I note that you use the concept of "shareholder value" inter-changeably with "share price" over the 6 month period you referenced. That linkage is certainly not one that I'd even dream of making.

Clearly - over short-term time frames, such as 6 months - there is virtually zero chance of changes in market value ever accurately reflecting changes in shareholder value. Because if that was the case, the theoretical essence of "value investing" - which has been proven to create untold wealth for its adherents since equity markets existed - would be de-bunked.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$38.47
Change
0.270(0.71%)
Mkt cap ! $3.167B
Open High Low Value Volume
$38.20 $38.54 $38.06 $3.753M 97.67K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 152 $38.45

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$38.48 121 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ARB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.