LNR 14.3% 0.4¢ lanthanein resources ltd

Krudd is happy to save a track (which the mine wont affect...

1. 58 Posts.
    Krudd is happy to save a track (which the mine wont affect anyway) but a world class reef system can be affected because it is the big end of town.

Kodu envoronmental report stated no real environmental damage.

bring on october 14

Brown blasts plan to mine nickel deposit
    AdvertisementEmail Print Normal font Large font September 30, 2008 - 5:02PM

Advertisement
    Greens leader Bob Brown has attacked plans by BHP to mine the Gag Island nickel deposit in Indonesia.

Gag Island is situated in the Raja Ampat archipelago in the province of West Irian Jaya in Indonesia and there are steps under way to make it a world heritage area.

But there are concerns mining of the nickel deposit on Gag Island would have a disastrous impact on the area's marine environment.

Senator Brown said the area was one of the most intensely beautiful and species-rich marine environments on the planet.

"There's no way that BHP Billiton can build one of the world's biggest nickel mines on a very tiny island ... without creating major environmental damage," Senator Brown told ABC Television.

Senator Brown said the mining giant had not said how it planned to deal with the tailings that would be generated as a result of the operation.

"It will be very destructive," he said.

"This is a time bomb and an unnecessary one in one of the world's great wonderlands of wildlife and it simply should not be proceeding."

Senator Brown called on the federal Government to take up the case against the mine by applying to pressure Jakarta and BHP.

© 2008 AAP

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.001(14.3%)
Mkt cap ! $9.775M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.4¢ 0.3¢ $47.47K 13.55M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
59 57726829 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 11347359 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LNR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.