Paprika, you have to also give others the benefit of the doubt....

1. 22,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Paprika, you have to also give others the benefit of the doubt. Not one person has condoned the "Killing of them all". This was explained in previous posts and Hergerr actually noted that.

The many TU's by Brucy was not condoning that action and any sane person would not read it that way.

The whole discussion all along has been about this sort of behaviour (stupid comments) is not confined to one race. It happens in EVERY war. Some of our diggers thought the same way, the Japanese, the Germans, the Jews etc. Find me one war where there wasn't isolated incidence of this sort of behaviour.

As you said in your OP, our old diggers would not have thought this (to that effect). That very statement shows how naive you are in this regard.

And, Paprika, i think if we all just gave each other the benefit of the doubt, try to understand each other a bit more, a lot of posts would not denigrate into a mud slinging fest.

As i said earlier, I have skin in the game in regard to cultural awareness. It doesn't make me an extremist if there are parts of a culture i don't like. I ABSOLUTELY LOATHE "Ozi Ozi Ozi". It's something in my culture i detest. So what does that make me? There are parts of other cultures that I don't like. Does that make me a racist?

Let's just relax a bit and try to understand each others views. Calling people "extremists" & "Neo-nazis" is not warranted. No one condoned "killing them all".

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.