OTE 0.00% 0.3¢ otis energy limited

I look at it like this. These guys like a lot of other small...

1. 53 Posts.
    I look at it like this. These guys like a lot of other small comps in the oil and gas space went out and did what they were mandated to do, drill wells and explore. I looked at their projects a long time back and liked the fact that they were looking at a diverse range of exploration plays. Its a hard game and seems that when you are drilling people love you and if it doesn't work everyone hates you. Tangiers is a great example. Solid management, took a risk, didn't work and now people calling for blood. My view is that if you are on the train its by choice. We all know the risks on these kind of plays. So , in effect we have nobody to blame if it goes wrong and we hold other than ourselves. I've been looking at a lot of the jr oil players again lately and I think its disappointing to see them move to tech or something digital. Maybe I'm old school but we have seen this before in 98 and when slowly in 99-2000 oil the resources juniors began quitting the telco tech space to come back to resources. Its a funny cycle. So , as to your question, when did I become positive on this stock. Answer - when they began drilling the Comanche Project. Seems that play didnt work and shareholders and management have now taken a different view and gone tech. Shame, I would have liked seeing these guys push on. O&G is a long term game and anyone who says different has not payed these names before.

As for current plans. Im no tech expert but in my mind it makes a lot of sense. the ability to identify who a person is remotely/digitally has to be a valuable asset. Read up on PayPal - 140 million customers and they hve never met a single one of them. Not bad for what is effectively a bank. Lets hope that the iSignthis technology is just that annoying that one of the bigger comps eats them up. Then we can take our money and invest in some more Jr oilers that we love? DYOC and happy hunting.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OTE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.