ZIP 6.93% $1.24 zip co limited..

Im afraid that's not strictly true, a lot of institutions are...

1. 4,227 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1848
    Im afraid that's not strictly true, a lot of institutions are taking a severe haircut in the Junk Bond market like Evergrande with many more to come.

This makes the capital markets very difficult to access as greed is replaced with fear and the checks and balances are much more stringent.

Any investor is going to ask themselves the questions.

1. Do I have faith in management performance
    2. Are management showing confidence in the company by purchasing stock or are they net selllers.
    3. Does the company face any unresolved headwinds
    4. How am I going to recover my investment through share price appreciation
    5. Does the company have any long term debt commitments that could be called in on demand.
    6. What are the companies lending covenants in respect of market cap and bad debt provisions and are they in danger of breaching them.
    7. Would the company pass a stress test in the event of a prolonged recession.
    8. Would the company underperform in an inflationary environment.

I could go on but ZIp will fail on every single point.

There is no guarantee that they will be able to raise further funds and I have seen this many times before when they pass the hat around and it comes back empty.

You have to remember that the $500 million in convertible notes are owned by hedge funds some of which have vulture status and all if they are adding to their short positions all they need to do is call in the loans if an on demand or covenant breach clause exists and bank an average $3 per share.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.24
Change
0.080(6.93%)
Mkt cap ! $1.351B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.19 $1.25 $1.19 $13.33M 10.90M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 103814 $1.23

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.24 105500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.23
  Change
0.080 ( 6.19 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.18 $1.25 $1.18 1742522
Last updated 15.59pm 29/04/2024 ?
ZIP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.