ATH 12.5% 0.5¢ alterity therapeutics limited

dimebon blowout, page-19

1. 5,882 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 150
    "If a partner comes along, the stock will rocket." Alois, I think you are correct and that is one reason I bought back in at this price.
    "The market certainly seems to have ignored the CEO's quote." They sure have, but dont expect it to last as the others fall away. At present they are hung up on the ADAScog test although neurology has already validated the NTB test. I dont hold much hope for solanezumab and think it will go the way of the other drugs which could not show any efficacy in earlier trials, although I hope I am wrong.

Contributed by: David Geldmacher, M.D., Medical Director of the Memory Disorders Clinic at the University of Virginia.

On May 21, Eli Lilly and Co. announced that a Phase III Trial of their agent solanezumab, also known as LY2062430, would begin enrollment.

In Lillys Phase III program, a total of 2000 patients with mild to moderate AD are expected to receive either a 400 mg infusion of solanezumab or a placebo once every four weeks. Each research volunteer will participate over about 19 months. The overall trial is anticipated to be completed in mid 2012.

On first pass, this agent would appear to be similar to bapineuzumab which is already in Phase III trials being carried out by Elan and Wyeth. There are molecular differences between the two monoclonal antibody lines, which suggest that solanezumab acts primarily outside the brain to sequester soluble amyloid beta peptide in the peripheral circulation. If true, this would predict a lower risk for toxic events in the brain, like the vasogenic edema (brain swelling) reported in Elans Phase II trials.

On the other hand, a site of action outside the central nervous system might mean lower overall potency. Given the small absolute effects seen with bapineuzumab in its Phase II trial, lower potency would not bode well for solanezumabs effectiveness. Of course, all anti-amyloid immnunotherapies depend a great deal on the validity of the amyloid hypothesis."

Yes I dispute that improvement in executive function is nothing, I thought that was obvious. To demonstrate a stat sig improvement in shuch a short trial is good. Executive function is very important but I am repeating myself. Dont forget the trial was only three months.
    Elan/Wyeth/Pfizer couldnt show that after one year.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.001(12.5%)
Mkt cap ! $23.94M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.5¢ 0.4¢ $508 124.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
103 97947018 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 31179262 15
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.42am 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ATH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.