UNS 0.00% 0.5¢ unilife corporation

dino will have egg on his face, page-8

1. 5,640 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2841
    Hi Longshot,

To be honest I think some people are letting their emotions get the better of them. That's not being critical or judgemental, but sheesh, the content of some posts is unbelievably fraught. Could be due to general market conditions, could be frustration, could be lots of things, but it remains highly emotive. In my humble opinion.

Also funny how some words and concepts, once used, become part of the everyday lexicon. Ten years ago nobody had ever entertained the concept of trillions of dollars of debt, now it's par for the course. Or QE for that matter. Same goes for slippage. I don't know any Global Pharma that marches to the drum beat of any small-cap biotech.

There's a reason for that. Check out ADO and OBJ who have ongoing collaborations with major global concerns, in ADO's case they are dealing with over 80 companies, but who are yet to deliver anything of real substance after many years of collaboration. All things being equal ADO appears to be on the verge of something big, but the CEO recently issued an update re-iterating the time it takes for Big Pharma to make a decision. Nature of the beast. Big Pharma makes decisons when they are good and ready and not before.

To quote Glyn Denison, Chairman OBJ: “As a matter of procedure, I cannot advise anything specifically that has not already been announced to the market. And after many years of very hard endeavour, I have certainly learned not to make any predictions about the future as has been previously noted, we are often working with some very major pharmaceutical companies and they tend to run their own course."

Or Geoff Cummings, CEO ADO: “Whilst processing large amounts of capital, these large companies are typically slow-moving, very conservative and considered when making decisions surrounding licensing agreements. Further, there are a number of stringent regulations and this takes a significant amount of time."

The same goes for the posts here that say Alan/Unilife hasn't yet delivered any revenue. Well he has - the recent deal with as yet unnamed global pharma for a generic Unifill will deliver tens, if not hundreds of millions over the life of the contract depending on the final configuration of the deal, exclusivity fees and geographical territories included. Yet these statements about lack of revenue get made, for the large part go unchallenged and become accepted as fact even though they are in fact and in truth, wrong.

ADO has another similarity to UNS in that they too recently signed a licensing deal with a company called E-Bio, not the company-maker many were hoping for, but like UNS, still a deal that will deliver much-needed cash-flow in the interim the bigger deals are still under negotiation.

The same concept of misinformation also applies to the now oft-made statement that Unilife has morphed into a pure R&D play with nothing to show for it, as if they do R&D for the sheer hell of it. They don't. Every product development undertaken thus far has been done at the behest of a client to satisfy their unmet product needs. Trouble is it all takes time and money, and in these trying times, that doesn't suit many investors individual investement parameters.

So for me, I'd rather sit back and wait for what I remain 100% confident is coming, to whit, the deals Alan has said he will deliver by year end. After all, thus far he has delivered everything he said he would - no reason to think anything has changed to the negative. And if there is some slippage, for want of a better phrase, it won't be for want of trying on his or Ramin's part.

Disclosure, I hold ADO but not OBJ.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UNS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.