PEK 2.78% 18.5¢ peak rare earths limited

direct comparision - major rerate coming

1. 10,101 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 656
    After yesterdays announcement, I did some direct comparisons with some of the other major Rare Earth plays out there.

So those that don't know, Rare Earth Prices are going through the roof after China (the main supplier) limited Rare Earth exports.

Two of the biggest Rare Earth companies on the ASX are LYC (Market Cap of about $1.6B) and ARU (Market Cap about $250M). Neither companies are in production, but LYC are much closer than ARU.

The thing that stood out to me yesterday was how similar the PEK results yesterday were to ARUs deposit.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Not only was the "basket" makeup similar, but so to the grades (PEK seem a little higher).

Photobucket

The "Basket" price (the price of all the minerals combined) for ARU and LYC are actually quite similar, and I would expect PEKs to be about the same.

Photobucket

The above prices are actually old, and basket prices for both ARU and LYC are now about $40.

Photobucket

The other thing I noticed yesterday was just how big the PEK target is.... you will not the scale on the ARU slide that shows the main target at less than 500m long, but the PEK results from yesterday is much longer than this (and the overall size is MUCH bigger..

Photobucket

PEK's deposit is also at the surface, free dig, very easy to drill and spread over a very large area. All makes for cheap mining.

To top this all off, PEKs market cap is less than $20M at the moment full diluted. A major re-rate for PEK is in the wind IMHO. It shall be interesting times ahead.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.