CXY 0.00% 0.3¢ cougar energy limited

A 200MW or 400MW plant is substantial anyway you look at it. It...

1. DrP
    150 Posts.
    A 200MW or 400MW plant is substantial anyway you look at it. It seems Len is keen on going straight to these commercial sizes, and if DI or others have the confidence to do that then fine. But personally, I think the original plan or something similarly staged is more appropriate from a risk point of view.

While Eskom in SA seem to be progressing well with their burn, there's little public information (at least that I can find). Also, they are in a very different situation - having a power station already and problems mining the coal - hence a strong driver for considering UCG. If mining was not a problem, perhaps they wouldn't be bothering with UCG at all. So its not at all comparable to a new build/plant IMO.

Although LNC have done a trail burn and many tens of thousands of tons of coal have been gasified, the quantity and quality of the syngas from these trials has never been publicly released, or has it? I mean, data on the variability of the syngas flows and compositions? I have such data for example from overseas trials.

And while Kingaroy probably has similar geology, how similar is it and how reliabily can you predict the outcomes of this process? IMO, not that well yet.

So, all up, I think a staged approach is best. It still may be required by the investors who will have to pay for the plant in any case. Although DI will facilitate the 280 $m capital raising, the terms associated with it are not fixed and I imagine still need to be negotiated. I wouldn't be surprised to see some conditions imposed re these issues. Look at LNC and the efforts they are going to get a bank feasibility study finalised.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.