VIL 0.00% 1.6¢ verus investments limited

director buying, page-44

1. 1,118 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Anybody who has been in the VIL threads will know that cheapcharlie's comments are to be taken with a grain of salt. The term flip flop comes to mind and he seems to post to suit his needs. If he wants to sell high, he'll ramp. If he wants it lower, he'll tell you all to run to the hills. I wouldn't say anything except he seems to be on the rampage. Dish it out - expect something back.

VIL is a hold/buy at 1.4-1.5. Hold if you feel a cap raise is coming. Buy if you think we'll avoid it. A few potential options as previous posters have mentioned.

I know the current SP has a lot of people feeling low. A lot will blame management, however I would disagree with this. I like what they have done so far for these reasons:

1. We were solely and HEAVILY invested in FP. Management saw to the Pass merger as well as investment in Bongo. Had they not acted, we really would be bent over that barrel right now and SP would be MUCH lower...

2. GGP are the operator for FP - not VIL. VIL are an investment company that needs to rely on the expertise of others. Whilst the announcements leave much to be desired, most people are of the consensus that Steve and the boys at GGP know what they are doing. So we can only sit and wait for FP2. Not much VIL could do about that.

3. With a diversified potfolio and a little cash in the bank with money coming in - time is a plus for VIL. The longer we wait, the more the bank balance goes into healthier territory. If I were in management's shoes, I would wait to see what came out of Bongo and crunch the numbers after that. Silverwood is producing about $10 a day by my reckoning (jokes) so that can virtually be ignored for the moment. We only have about 10% of Bongo so we can't pin THAT much hope on that either. FP is the play and always has been. Do we give up a percentage for a free ride into FP2 - not a bad play at this stage and something I think they'll be seriously considering...

With diversification and actual producing assets comes support for the SP. 1.4-1.5 has held quite well. I wait for news of FP2 and fortune favours the brave. Those less brave can wait for some more solid news and still reap some rewards (just not as big). Much safer though.

FactorThis - good luck mate. Sorry to hear about VILO and the buy into the heads near 3. Keep the faith. Management have for the most part done a good job (minus a couple of retarded SPPs).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VIL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.