TGF 0.58% $1.72 tribeca global natural resources limited

A quick summary and you can always chase the related...

1. 82 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    A quick summary and you can always chase the related announcements ....

1) IPO at $2.50
    2) Decrease in share price since IPO due to a pretty tough resource market
    3) They stayed long through the covid-related Feb/March dip and got crushed (down to something like 68c at one time). (Think about the idea that when you lose half you need to double to get your money back)
    4) Started to make headway and got back to mid $1.30's
    5) The private credit arrangement with Paringa then went bad and they took a pretty major impairment and share price got hit again
    6) Current share price now at $1.03

Other thoughts ....

Current investments in commodities such as gold, base metals like copper, and uranium are good ideas but it is a long way back to the $2 mark and it will take some time. Need to way up your thoughts on the world economy, US market and China (infrastructure) as macro issues as well as covid. A big discount to NTA is pretty common with LIC's however, with TGF this would be due in part to poor investor sentiment and I dont believe the discount will improve until the NTA starts to move quickly.

Currently, people with an inclination to investing in resources are probably throwing money into a white-hot junior gold sector and multi-bagging (there are plenty of examples but these aren't companies that are considered investment grade for funds). I got an indicator of the current junior gold sentiment a couple of nights ago - I was surprised at how many people knew the tickers of the good performers but they didn't know much about the resource, finances, management etc etc. Lets see what happens with a market dip and/or gold price consolidation when that comes.

In summary, this fund will probably have its day but patience will be needed for 1) utilities to buy Uranium on contract and/or the U spot price starts to move again 2) Gold spot price showing evidence of moving well beyond the 1,700 - 1.750 range 3) Copper price going well beyond 2.70 4) the Nth American miners (eg. Teck, Lundin Mining) start moving. Inflation may also be a positive but that may take some time to kick off even with the large amount of money printing that is going on with central banks.

Please DYOR but these are just my personal thoughts from holding this one and investing in a few other stocks in the U, Cu, and Au (and Ag) spaces.

GLTA.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGF (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.72
Change
-0.010(0.58%)
Mkt cap ! $135.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.73 $1.76 $1.72 $212.3K 122.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 30000 $1.71

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.72 4705 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.72
  Change
-0.010 ( 4.24 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.72 $1.72 $1.72 100
Last updated 15.58pm 17/05/2024 ?
TGF (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.