DRO 3.17% $1.14 droneshield limited

I think you did not comprehend the original post. It was very...

1. 722 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 199
    I think you did not comprehend the original post. It was very specific.

It said "the stock has to rise by nearly 7% of its current price".

So let's do the the maths - the price was 29c at the time of the calculation:

7% of 29c is 29 * 7/100 = 2.03c per day
    If we then multiple that by 34 we get the expected increase in price = 69c (rounding to the nearest half cent)
    Then to get the actual price we need to add 29c which gives 98c

My calculation is actually conservative, because it allows for pedants who say I should also include today, in which case the figure becomes exactly $1.00

Your calculations are both incorrect because you incorrectly assumed compounding when the original comment said specifically the daily increase was "7% of its current price". Your second calculation is also wrong because you used the incorrect number of days (37) until Christmas (there are 35 if you include today and 34 if you don't). Even if you include the extra days the number the actual percentage would be 6.62% which is "nearly 7%" so what I am saying is correct.

Before you start disparaging other people, I recommend that you make sure your own maths is correct.

As to your question about whether I studied maths. I did a PhD in the Physical Sciences, did postdoctoral research that involved heavy duty calculations (in the hundreds of billions of operations) in two of the best universities in the world, published more than 50 papers in Royal Society (British) and American journals. What about you sm@rt@rse?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DRO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.14
Change
0.035(3.17%)
Mkt cap ! $963.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.14 $1.15 $1.13 $1.743M 1.533M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 80219 $1.14

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.14 166337 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.17am 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DRO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.