CCF 4.35% 12.0¢ carbon conscious limited

director spends $86,337 on market , page-16

1. 202 Posts.
    In response to some of the points raised on this thread, about comparisons between Carbon Conscious and various MIS forestry companies, please allow me to clarify.

The only similarity between Carbon Conscious and the forestry MIS companies mentioned is that they plant trees.

Unlike MIS forestry companies, CCF's customers are not retail investors looking for a tax effective investment, but Australia's largest companies seeking to offset their carbon tax liabilities by earning carbon credits through tree growing.

Importantly, whereas MIS companies planted and grew their trees in order to harvest and sell the trees as woodchips, CCF does not harvest its trees. They are allowed to grow for the full length of their natural life cycle, and CCF retains all the carbon credits generated by its trees after the 15 contract expires.

CCF receives its income from customers in staged payments each quarter and at key milestones over the life of the contract – land purchase, seedling order, planting and completion each year. This enables CCF to match its cashflow with expenses, whereas MIS companies tended to rely on upfront payments, which had to last the life of the project.

Tree planting season in the Western Australian wheatbelt is April/ May through to August. That is why no trees were planted during the previous quarter. CCF's 2011 planting season will be its busiest yet.

Disclaimer: I am Carbon Conscious' external investor relations consultant.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCF (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.