EFT 0.00% 49.0¢ eftel limited

RamPage From EFTel's GM John Lane,Does it have onboard memory?Is...

1. jpb
    342 Posts.
    RamPage
    From EFTel's GM John Lane

,Does it have onboard memory?Is it able to communicate with an audio device, ie Mobile Phone?Does it have send and recieve abilities for files? Could one use this to trade share with on a https:// site?
    given thought, has merit and seems a great idea.
    could one create and maintain a myspace style site with this.

Hello,

Think of it as a thin client, with no memory or storage of its own. Conceptually, it's like a Citrix or Terminal Server session. The device has inbuilt GPS and a browser (IE6). That's it. Anything you can do on the Web, it can do, and relatively quickly. So yes, you could trade shares using any Web-based broker, I expect (but I have not tried this).

I spent two days in Sydney last week and carried only a Pocketsurfer and a mobile phone, and did all of my email (using MS Exchange Web mail) and even checked Whirlpool and other fora. I opened .pdf attachments and Word docs in four of five seconds, and could even edit and save the Word doc. Try that on a smart phone.

Yesterday my wife suggested we go and get some pancakes after Mass, and I pulled up Yellow Pages and found a place within reasonable travelling distance in about ten minutes. This thing is a seriously useful device, and cheap. I think it has a bright future. It won't replace every device, but it will certainly fill a lot of opportunities.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
    John Lane.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EFT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.