ADE 0.00% 19.5¢ adelaide energy limited

@ midlifecrisisThe only thing I could find at the ATO website...

1. 975 Posts.
    @ midlifecrisis

The only thing I could find at the ATO website that related to such an event was a document talking about real-estate.
    It states that, for CGT purposes, the date for the 12month holding rule starts at the time the contract is entered into, regardless of whether or not any payment has been exchanged.
    To me, that means the day the cheque I sent was drawn upon, 17 November 2010 .

However, I think I will play it safe and hold on to the parcel until at least 29 November 2011.

Regarding Beach petroleum(BPT) and compulsory acquisition of ADE after reaching a 90% holding.
    Judging by the scare tactic statements that BPT have put out, they are desperate to buy every share on-market, as going for compulsory acquisition through the courts is very costly and time consuming.

I suspect when BPT gets within a Bee's private part to 90% of ADE, they will start buying shares at 20.5cents and 21cents to speed things up. I reckon it was BPT buying @20.5 just after the initial announcement was made.
    If any of you watched or were involved with the Glencore on-market takeover of MRE, the same "modus operandi" was used, where by they were paying over the offer price.

Whatever the outcome, I will not be buying BPT shares with the spoils. I think, instead, I will go for an adventure holiday in West Papua. The chances of survival, apparently, are better than investing in BPT. ;-)

Cheers
    --Dan

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.