SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Director's buying something to consider

1. 3,147 Posts.
    Over past few days there is some discussion and question why Director's are not buying to support the price, if confident in guidance they would make a killing.

A few weeks back I speculated that perhaps they cannot. We have to understand that insider trading laws are very strict with criminal proceedings if found guilty.

I posted an extract from the trading policy that notes when a trading window is open - it is now for one month after AGM. However, the board may for any reason override and not permit trading or restrict trading.

I say this because if a Director suddenly invested $1m in stock at $1 it would undoubtedly raise interest among the authorities that they may be trading with information not already public. Whereas $30k is so immaterial as to not to cause a concern.

I don't think it as easy as Director's just buy as much as they wish. Even more so with the current spotlight on the company, it would undoubtedly send a signal and imply they know something more than what has been released to market.

I am guessing that SGH board has limited the quantity of buying that can occur in this window to protect from an accusation if insider trading.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.