Deforestation contributes to climate change, yes that is a...

1. 5,277 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 757
    Deforestation contributes to climate change, yes that is a given. Anyone who denies that fact are those same people who believe in chemical contrails and fake moon landings. The biggest immediate tangible problem with deforestation is erosion, often so severe mountain sides simply collapse onto villages and towns. The less dramatic is the species extinction and more noticeable severe soil erosion, pollution of water ways the list goes on. Deforestation still continues at such alarming rate it is the elephant in the room. Not enough is being done to mitigate this problem and in fact it has not even rated a mention by leaders at ASEAN in Sydney, it is a greater threat to us than any terrorism. In fact breaking down the Syrian conflict its roots go back to climate change, the region experienced the worst drought ever known and there was a mass migration from drought stricken rural lands to cities over many years turning the cities into boiler rooms with no safety valves. It exploded into civil war. Cape Town now has no drinking water. Again, climate change. Water is predicted to be the reason for future conflicts and the predictions are unfolding before our eyes. Anyone who refutes these claims has not researched any valid scientifically based reporting and chooses to seek data from skewed Climate deniers and nutty conspiracy theorists. Whether their skewed beliefs stem from some bent religious belief or being heavily invested in harmful damaging industries such as coal, I don't know and I don't care but I certainly think they don't even deserve a voice. It is akin to denying the holocaust only this one is unfolding now.
    Last edited by givemethecash: 18/03/18

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.