As time and events unfold an important question is being raised...

1. 5,919 Posts.
    As time and events unfold an important question is being raised as to the important matter of political choice. Can the opposition go anywhere under the leadership of Mr. Abbott. It seems not. Mr. Abbott comes across as lacking both direction and purpose as he goes about the country Yes/Noing, Being Every/Which, Nod, Nod, And Then Nodding Again, repeatedly saying: I said NO!! and asking himself "How Long Can I Get Away With this!!" all the time.

Many are questioning Mr. Abbott's behavior and the belief is growing that his modus operandi is an indication that he is a failure. People are asking how can we believe that Mr. Abbott is capable of running the country as prime minister when he is continually demonstrating that he cannot manage the less onerous job of opposition leader? All up Mr. Abbott is giving every indication that he is not conducive to the achievement of electoral success for the once "great" political party that he leads.

Mr. Abbott's latest "I said NO!!" is his stance on the introduction of much needed legislation to address the very serious social problem of poker machine gambling when at a meeting with the poker machine industry he went into "Every/Which Way" mode . Darting here and darting there, Out and In, In and Out; there were that many "IFS" in Mr. Abbott's Noing with his promise to rescind the proposed poker machine legislation that I was having trouble working out If he is Uncle Arthur or Auntie Martha! Surely the question as to ""How Long Can I Get Away With this!!" is going to be answered shortly, very shortly.

Many people believe that the very odd idiosyncrasies of the leader of the opposition are particular to him; that they are unique to Mr. Abbott and to no one else. This may be true when we approach the matter from an individual perspective; the witnessing of this sort of behavior is certainly a unique experience, however, and this is very important, the truth is that Mr. Abbott's antics are a reflection (a mirror image that is) of the party he leads. This spells real trouble down the track for both Mr. Abbott as well the Liberals and it does so because it betrays the picture that they try to present that they are ready to govern, ready in the sense that they have the ability, the vision and the policies such that they will be accepted by the voter.

I have written previously of the Born To Rule mentality of the Liberals. The refusal to firmly store in their little knowledge boxes the reality that our democracy allows for others to occupy the government from time to time. When the outcome of elections do not fit their picture of correctness they refuse to believe reality. We saw the outcome of this attitude when Rudd became prime minister. The absolutely disgraceful antics by the new opposition at the first sitting of the new parliament brought shame upon the whole nation. The waving of placards and toys, Check Here were symbolic of an "up yours" to the voter in effect kicking up against the decision made by Australians as to who would govern.

There has been a swing of four percent against the Liberals in a recent poll. This is obviously the start of a kickback against the stance taken by the opposition on its relegation by the voters to the opposition benches, it's continuous deplorable dishonest attacks on the duly elected government and it's inability to come up with policies to address the nation's needs. We can expect these factors to continue to work against the likelihood of the Liberals being returned to power in the distant future simply because Mr. Abbott will continue to go on Yes/Noing, Being Every/Which, Nod, Nod, And Then Nodding Again, repeatedly saying: I said NO!! and asking himself "How Long Can I Get Away With this!!" in chorus with his fellow parliamentarians.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.