disasters—punishments from god? , page-2

1. 34,758 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    not so

if you read what the bible has to say there are inumerable warnings from god that should any stray and want to rebel there are consequences that must be paid - what you sow that you shall also reap. deuteronomy 28 very clearly outlines this

matthew 24 is very explicite in what will happen as is the book of revelation.

the old testament is replete with examples of what can and will happen.

people say that god is a god of love but they conveniently neglect that he is also a god of wrath should the occasion require it.

the usgs has a map that shows earthquakes since 1900 was plateauing until around 1990 then the frequency of quakes exploded - so yes the population has increased but so also have natural disasters - as predicted in the bible.

we are in the end times of that i have no doubt.

the disaster list is also tied in with israel - israel being the centre of the world both physically and spiritually. an example of that is when the israeli tourist department wanted to advertise in londons tube but was refused - shortly after that the volcano in iceland erupted and killed all flights in england

god is not being cruel or vindictive - the growing disasters are a result of our rebellion and he has warned often that this would be the result however there is an escape.

repent and be saved - see also 1chron 7:14
    If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

your quote is not correct either - Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

an extract from a commentary - http://www.biblegateway.com/resources/commentaries/IVP-NT/Jas/Temptations-Good-Gifts

James would remember the Lord's teaching that it is not God's desire to tempt a person to live in any way displeasing to him, and that temptation should be resisted (Mt 6:13; 26:41). The flow of James's thought now is to assert facts of God's nature and God's will and then to answer questions these facts raise about the dynamics of temptation.

1. God's nature and will. God's nature is that he cannot be tempted by evil. This is a reminder of the holiness of God, whose moral purity is absolute, unassailable, undefiled. He is high and exalted, the Holy One of Israel, whose holiness is so pure that it is described in terms of its wondrous beauty, splendor and utter awesomeness (Ps 27:4; 29:2; 99:3). There is not the smallest trace of evil in God's nature (1 Jn 1:5), and evil cannot have any closeness to God. That is why God's holiness put despair into Isaiah's heart: "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty. . . . `Woe to me!' I cried. `I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips . . . and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty' " (Is 6:3-5). This sense of God's awesome purity is so strong in both Old and New Testaments that it would have to be the background for James when he assures us that God will not be tempted by evil.

This particular character of God leads to a particular will of God--nor does he tempt anyone. Not only is he holy; he requires holiness of us. His will for us is always toward holiness, never toward evil. If this is so, it raises the question about human experience that James wants to address. We all experience the temptation to do evil. What then is the origin of temptations, and how do they operate?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.