disasters—punishments from god? , page-33

1. RM
    7,441 Posts.
    bytee no its your world view that says bigots are ok.
    You could say I dont like bigots but they are not wrong and I am not right its just my personal taste.

you see if you truly are an atheist and there is nothing to humans but matter and energy, a cosmic accident that has created humans. Then life is ultimately meaningless.

you may not like bigotry but that is just your personal fancy. whatever an atheists holds as important the opposite view is just as valid, if you are consistent with your world view.

all you are imposing are your own set of morals, but if you end up as worm food and nothing else, it doesnt really matter if I feed you a meal if you are hungry or slit your throat. you are just a collection of atoms, a cosmic accident why try to pretend life has any real value.

so yes all i did get out of what you said is bigotry is OK because if you are not an intellectual hypocrit you would agree. it is a very bleak world view that you have, as the great existentialist atheist Albert Camus put it.

the only philosophical question one must answer is why not commit suicide and end the absurdity that began life

so bytee why do you still bother sucking air, after all what is there but nothingness, you are not going to try to tell me your life is really worth any value are you and still hold fast to your views??

Or is there something more than matter and energy, what you wrote tells me that you think there really is meaning and value in life, yet you claim to be an atheist. Just doesnt gel my friend it aint intellectually consistent.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.