Jesus never claimed to be God, but as the perfect reflection of...

1. 6,472 Posts.
    Jesus never claimed to be God, but as the perfect reflection of God, as the single point for the Will of God to address humankind, He could make the claim, "If you've seen Me - you've seen the Father." Because Jesus reflects the essence of God, God worked through Him, Jesus is the closest anybody will come to God.

Jesus is not saying I am literally God and when He said I am the, "I am", He could say this and it was true because He addressed humanity as the Primal Point for the Word of God, but this still does not then suggest Jesus was literally God.

So regardless of what was believed about the nature of Jesus and when it was believed there is no validity to a literal Trinity. There is of course a trinity in that God empowered Jesus to express His Will. Jesus, God and divine support is still an essential trinity, but not a literal Trinity as expressed by some Christians, which is an incomprehensible doctrine.

None of this diminishes the glory of Jesus as He is the nearest we may ever approach God.

The downside of a Trinity doctrine is that it makes Christianity superior to any religion founded by mere mortals, prophets or teachers. This widespread claim of exclusivity and finality characterises the Christian doctrine of Incarnation which is false and has caused a great deal of suffering, especially to indigenous peoples.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.