Jesus never claimed to be God, but as the perfect reflection of...

1. 5,319 Posts.
    Jesus never claimed to be God, but as the perfect reflection of God, as the single point for the Will of God to address humankind, He could make the claim, "If you've seen Me - you've seen the Father." Because Jesus reflects the essence of God, God worked through Him, Jesus is the closest anybody will come to God.

Jesus is not saying I am literally God and when He said I am the, "I am", He could say this and it was true because He addressed humanity as the Primal Point for the Word of God, but this still does not then suggest Jesus was literally God.

We are 2000 years down the track with a lot of history behind us, not to mention having had influence our makeup

can you be 100% certain that Jesus never claimed to be God, when the very people he taught came away with that notion in the first generation of Christianity, its not a matter of what and how we understand it today

One thing for certain, when people want to backup their theology, they always blame history, that they got it wrong, never looking at themselves first, I've seen that way too often, just about every religion claims the same thing that they got it wrong, and now it's set right by themselves of what they believe

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.