XJO 0.10% 7,767.5 s&p/asx 200

IntuitionArmstrongs's date is 2008.225.You do the calcs...

1. 17,444 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 57
    Intuition

Armstrongs's date is 2008.225.

You do the calcs remembering 2008.0 is Jan 1.

I get March 23.

Many times he is precise to the day such as 1st April 1994 in the US but we made lower lows after even though they didn't, but now and then I have seen him out more but always less than a month.

Never refuse to acknowledge market action should it disagree is a rule for all TA.

The fact that the Feb 2007 top date was so good a call before the "Shanghai slump" means many more will be aware of his model and the majority can't win ever.

So don't be surprised if the low is earlier and that is a surge day.

I have also mentioned that it is not a stock market indicator but an economic confidence model.

In short think of it as a time when some important economic dynamic will change. Often that doesn't become obvious for a few months. The US bank index BKX topped on his top date last Feb so should be an obvious candidate for a recovery in late March but they aren't the only sector in the markets and others may fall as BKX recovers.

Most times it is the stock market somewhere but could be currrency or other area.

Occaisionally it gives a complete reverse in stock market expected behaviour.

For instance on Oct 12 1973 the model made a low and that is the exact day when the market started tanking for over a year, almost to his next turn.

I mention that period as I believe we may well be in a 1973/4 repeat.

So although other major cycles are indicationg a low anytime now, in fact Feb 11 is indicated by 4 and 10 year cycles as a low, if we rally into March 23 then just beware that that isn't an important high that means we are looking at a 40/50% decline into Oct or even April 2009.

Hope that is all not too confusing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.