AZS 0.00% $3.69 azure minerals limited

Hi The Pirate I ignored the price spike to 5.2 cents because it...

1. 7,546 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2075
    Hi The Pirate

I ignored the price spike to 5.2 cents because it was generated by the excitement of the high grade gold ann [11 April]... what is useful is how the price behaves after a profit taking event. Since that time the volume has consistently remained at a higher level than before that ann... so that tells me the interest has not gone away and the ann was not a pump and dump.

As far as games being played ... I first saw how accumulation works in LNC [a company which is now in liquidation but at the time was one of the hot stocks on the ASX] when Credit Suisse was operating the price. There were a lot of posters actively examining what was happening on that stock and eventually we discovered that CS in Sydney was buying and selling with CS in [from memory] Singapore. Back and forth, back and forth and steadily driving the price down [it was a far more complicated situation than that because there were also corporate bonds involved and the shorting of stock that goes with that]. That all ended when LNC came out with a set of anns which sent the SP up 5X in about 3 months. [Sadly though... that company was very badly run and the management proved to be less than investible]

The high volume over the last few months will still likely be at least 50% retail holders who are trading for the pips but we have seen several examples of automated trading going each way on the SP [look at the course of sales during the day and you will see many trades for around $120/150 about 3 minutes apart from each other]. This sort of thing is inevitable with companies which demonstrate real prospects and it can be a good sign ... however, it will still all depend on the quality of the company in the end. if AZS does not disappoint then the SP will eventually reflect the value.

As far as the 'watchdogs'... yes there are watchdogs, and boy are they overworked. What it takes to tackle any problems in the market is somebody has to lodge complaints, lots of them and backed up with evidence that can be investigated. Sometimes that happens ...and when it does the watchdog can and does bite.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.