THB 3.03% 3.4¢ thunderbird resources limited

discovery of a huge porphyry system

1. 3,351 Posts.
    Investors, we might have another Ivanhoe in Mongolia here. The thick intercepts and consistency thus far indicate a big system...in my opinion, investors who sell out will rue their decisions.

I had been watching their initial drill hits and although i was impressed, a confirmation of the mineralisation was needed. Today's results confirm this and are quite mind-blowing...

84 metres at 3.2% copper from 30 metres out is impressive. Other results also come in ridiculously thick...of course, there is a silver by-product credit too.

110 metres at 1.0% copper
    72 metres at 0.9% copper
    75 metres at 2.4% copper
    34 metres at 3.4% copper
    54 metres at 1.0% copper

Furthermore the system is still open and at depth and strike! Usually one can bet their money based on just one or two drill holes [provided those holes indicate that a discovery has been made].

Of course, it takes some level of understanding of geology to be able to grasp the significance of these drill results, and to assess whether or not those results indicate a serious discovery.

But if you can buy into the company before the market grasps the full significance of a discovery hole ? and that can sometimes take days ? the investment results can be stunning.

Some might remember Aurelian, which declared assay results from four holes in early April 2006, as well as from four holes in early June 2006 from their Condor project in Ecuador. The results catapulted ARU's share price from around C$0.80 (in early April 2006) to a peak of around C$23 (in mid-June 2006). Those who understood the geology and therefore anticipated where this project was going bought heavily before the share price took off.

The assay results are important and relatively easy to understand, but what is much more important is to understand the setting of the mineralization.

For instance, if in a porphyry deposit [i.e. Cughur], which tend to be large and consistent, a company drills a 100-meter hole of 0.5% copper, the odds of this turning into a big deposit are very good. Management is confirming consistency and understanding its geophysical signature.

I am buying in at the current price points. Porphyry systems are money makers for mining firms...VOR will be in multiples before this is over.

Expect movement in the next couple of days to 15cps as market grasps the significance. I would also expect the media to pick up on it during the weekend.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add THB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.