THB 5.00% 1.9¢ thunderbird resources limited

Hi (Nathan21),Very interesting approach of valuation, from...

1. 1,195 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Hi (Nathan21),

Very interesting approach of valuation, from previous thread I did a quick valuation for VOR's Khongor project, using a base case with only 100Mt @ 0.7% Cu and assuming we have a CU recovery of 90%, we'll have a total of 630,000t of copper, or 1.2 billion pounds of copper.

With current Copper price above US$4/lb, VOR revenues could fetch US$4.8 billion, from that amount, we need to deduct:

1)Operating costs, which included Mining, Milling, General and Admin costs, and cash cost associated with mining royalty, transportation, marketing fees, treatment and refining charges (TC/RC) from smelters.

Khongor production would be 52,000t Copper per annum (base case)

2)Capital costs
    Design, construct and commision the mine facilities (Open-pit mine, Concentrator, power, trucks, etc..)

We would know the above information once VOR has JORC resources and complete the feasibility study, but from various researches I did so far, and considering a production size of 52,000t copper concentrate per annum, Capital cost could fetch below US$500M and the same go for Operating costs.

You did mention that CAPEX and OPEX costs for a porphyry mining operation are extremely high , I did assume for my calculation that Capex and Operating costs could be approx. US$1 billion mark for this tonnage.

We also need to deduct revenues from taxes and fees payable to the GOM (Gov Mongolian) as following:
    - Corporate Income Tax = 25%
    - Royalties = 5% (gross sales value)
    - value added tax = 10%

(Information from Oyu Tolgoi project)

From the above, I'm still quite comfortable with an NPV above $2 mark for VOR Khongor project (conservative approach).

Cheers,

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add THB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.9¢
Change
-0.001(5.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.119M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.0¢ 2.0¢ 1.9¢ $1.044K 53.61K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 467438 1.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.9¢ 142738 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.59am 17/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
THB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.