WDS 2.23% $26.64 woodside energy group ltd

Given the buoyant SP, I don't think we'll see many people...

1. MTV
    1,808 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 615
    Given the buoyant SP, I don't think we'll see many people heading for the door. As I stated in a previous post, I think the whole ESG thing has been overblown, especially in the case of natural gas, and a few fund managers should be feeling a little sheepish over the sell-down that occurred last year.

I think the current high O&G prices could last a lot longer than many are assuming. There is the potential for a protracted stand-off with Russia that could last years. Of course supply would re-balance over time, so this alone would not cause prices to stay high indefinitely.

But there is the further factor of a return to normality post-COVID, and with it the resumption of normal patterns of fuel consumption (particularly air travel). This could keep prices up even as the initial shock of the squeeze on Russian supply eases. All things considered, it would not surprise me to see oil remaining above US$100/bbl for the next several years.

Listing in the US would be good (I hadn't heard of this). After the Merger, Woodside will be a truly global company and a duel listing on the NYSE alongside the 'oil majors' might make sense to properly 'unlock' the share value.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$26.64
Change
0.580(2.23%)
Mkt cap ! $50.58B
Open High Low Value Volume
$26.31 $26.84 $26.26 $208.8M 7.845M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 49672 $26.62

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$26.65 1225 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WDS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.