APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

Discussion: Afterpay and China

1. 5,524 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1391
    I know this has been discussed a number of times as being speculative going into China but there are a number of sources that suggest something is brewing and it really is just a matter of time. As we know Afterpay has been advertising jobs located in the Shanghai Technology Center for the last month or slightly more. That's a big hint but let's look closer at the wording in the job descriptions:

Capture.PNG

They have 3 tech hubs in the world that they are currently building. Melbourne.. makes sense they have a big presence in ANZ, San Fran... also makes sense as they are going through massive expansions in the US at the moment. Shanghai... huh? Canada expansion... Talks of Europe expansion... Yet they are building a tech team in Shanghai? Tencent takes a 5% strategic stake?

I'm actually not a big fan of speculation but to me the writing is on the wall with this one. I'm also a big fan of the following:
    Capture2.PNG
    I really am excited to have been involved early on with Afterpay and I've never been more optimistic on what this company can achieve. With this amount of hiring going on in China, I'd imagine they'd need to make an announcement to the market sooner rather than later as it's somewhat price sensitive that they are cooking something up in the worlds largest economy.

I want this forum to be something similar to the Alternative metrics forum but instead with a focus on China. Please feel free to discuss this topic and share any other clues you might come across.

Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.