ASB 1.24% $2.45 austal limited

Discussion of Austal's Low SP Situation

1. 96 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    Hi ASB holders, I'm new to ASB but find it an interesting stock. I'd like some help on understanding Austal's Contracts Situation.

I listened recently to Livewire's podcast/transcript they did with Shaw and Partners 'Direct from the desk: A deep dive into shipbuilder Austal'. I found that a very interesting discussion and I have begun trying to justify a case for buying up ASB stock at these low PER levels. I've also read through some of the previous threads. I'd appreciate help in understanding ASB.

Some questions which I'd appreciate your insights on, guys:
    1. Over the last 2 years, what didn't the market like about Austal? (Why the huge SP drop?)
    2. Is the US Navy still proceeding with aluminium hulls for some ships?
    3. Is the US Navy cutting short the LCS program at all? (Austal are still getting LCS's built, so it seems past technical issues haven't stopped the program - is that correct?)
    4. When are you guys expecting a "Material" contract announcement from ASB? (From Shaw and Partners's podcast, they indicated they are hoping for an announcement in the next month or so.)
    5. What will Austal probably add to revenue in the first two years from their steel building facility in the US? (Austal indicated in a recent release they reckoned the market potential was 2x the potential of the aluminium facility.)
    Thanks for any help in me getting my head around this very interesting company.

PS Fun fact: I recently got a 1:350 scale plastic model kit of the USS Independence LCS-2. Going to enjoy putting it together with my brother in law.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.45
Change
0.030(1.24%)
Mkt cap ! $886.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.42 $2.46 $2.40 $1.007M 413.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
27 11485 $2.44

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.45 14712 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.31pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.