ASB 0.81% $2.49 austal limited

Discussion of Austal's Low SP Situation, page-2

1. 1,324 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 205
    It seems to me that the market has marked down Austal due to the uncertainty of future work/income. The company has had a rather bouyant time of the past two or three years, building LCS and EPF ships for the US Navy whilst also constructing some large ferries for Fred Olsen and JR.

The coming of covid has put a dampener on travel that seems to be deterring any investment in new ferries. At the same time, the US Navy contracts are past the mid way mark with not so many ships left to build.

Therefore, it is impossible to predict future profitability.

Where did you get the LCS model from? I have models from some companies that I have done well on the market with. I have an FMG locomotive and a couple of AQZ planes. I have been searching for a model of an Austal ferry with no success. Ideally, I would like to find a model of the JR Queen Beetle as I consider that to be a magnificent beast. I await normal service to resume in Japan and hope JR or someone there might produce a model. Meanwhile, an LCS would also be good if they are on the market.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.49
Change
0.020(0.81%)
Mkt cap ! $902.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.48 $2.52 $2.46 $1.401M 562.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 3151 $2.47

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.50 2768 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.