ASB 0.81% $2.49 austal limited

Cheers mate, each investor makes their own call on the...

1. 3,561 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 334
    Cheers mate, each investor makes their own call on the materiality of each issue.

My reading so far, from announcements, is that the program is continuing- albeit with adjustments made when it was accepted in 2016 the the ships would not survive the shock wave test- my own words- a naval type would use other terms. Then of course, the Trump administration put dollars their way towards becoming competitive in steel ship building- towards future contracts.

My thinking, as a non naval person, is that defense expenditure is a compromise like any other government expenditure between getting the toys that you think you need to do your job in the worst case geopolitical scenario, on the one hand, and on the other staying within a budget. Austal, I think, has the potential, with cheaper ships, to help the US navy keep their aspirations within budget- perhaps.

For me it is material that Austal in Alabama is viewed as a local job/voter provider. Think football, meatpies, kangaroos and Holden cars but substitute Austal for Holden and whatever the other Alabama icons are.

Place whatever weight on my views that you find appropriate.

IMHO DYOR etc

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.49
Change
0.020(0.81%)
Mkt cap ! $902.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.48 $2.52 $2.46 $1.401M 562.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 3151 $2.47

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.50 2768 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.