ZIP 0.37% $1.34 zip co limited..

Okay, time for some realities:1) Next year will be worse than...

1. 2,144 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 110
    Okay, time for some realities:

1) Next year will be worse than this year as both the IMF and World Bank have said there's a global recession coming, caused by Joe Potatohead's out-of-control inflation. Too much money printing chasing too few goods- too few goods caused by covid disrupting global supply chains on everything from fuel cans to leather lounges to computer chips.

2) Zip is a retail lending product and retail is going to be hit harder next year than this year. Christmas 2021 wasn't as great as previous years and yep, this Christmas isn't going to boom for Zip either.

3) The USA has upped its rifle ammo manufacturing. The weird thing is that throughout the entire war in Afghanistan there was only 1 plant making their rifle ammo (backed up on occasion by another plant I believe) and yet now, they are restarting more than a dozen ammo plants that were closed down following the end of the Cold War. There's a war coming to either the Solomon Islands or Taiwan, maybe both- I can't see Joe sending US troops to Ukraine but yeah, the USA will keep sending the Ukrainians billions of $$$.

4) Food shortages brought on by global supply chain issues from covid are still messing with the availability of food and of course, no wheat coming from Ukraine is going to play out on global wheat prices.

5) China's economy is not growing at all like it was just a few years ago. Angry citizens are getting piss_d off and that means their government will move to placate them with some grand nationalist push, probably the attempted annexation of Taiwan. Nothing like the great diversion of war to take the people's minds off of a failing economy.

Hmm, look, I wouldn't be buying any stock with a retail component to it other than fast food. Zip enables retail transactions and for that reason, I'm not acquiring, even when it delves below 90cents in the next 14 days.
    The globe needs nickel. Like it RAPIDLY needs more nickel as demand will outstrip supply naturally within a year and if there's a war, munitions will require thousands upon thousands of tons of more nickel. It was the Vietnam War that sucked up all the nickel 50 years ago.

Do the research- the poor eat more fast food when times are tough and even the wealthy do so as well! Hmm, I'm looking medium term and I can't see BNPL reaping big profits in the next 5 years.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.34
Change
0.005(0.37%)
Mkt cap ! $1.506B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.39 $1.40 $1.34 $14.31M 10.48M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 175082 $1.34

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.34 2348 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.34
  Change
0.005 ( 0.62 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.36 $1.40 $1.34 2941807
Last updated 15.59pm 10/05/2024 ?
ZIP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.