TOX 0.00% $2.84 tox free solutions limited

disgraceful yet again

1. 5,798 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 95
    Bots had a break this morning, and TOX was able to find a balanced price.

Then, this last couple of hours, those bloody bots have been at it again. It's not just the tiny bot trades per se that bother me - it's the fact that they are allowed to cross a spread of several cents to walk the price down and cap it.

Price was sitting nicely at 2.54, then whammo - a couple of tiny bot trades at 2.49 then 2.48.

As I've posted before, if it were you or me crossing a spread that way, and specifically either to support a price or knock it down as happened here, we'd be getting a phone call from the ASX or the broker in minutes.

A couple of years ago, I was snapping up 500-share parcels of TOX to build my holdings a bit more, but without slamming a big buy order in while the liquidity was very low. My order crossed the spread on the upside by 4 cents, and I got a phone call from CommSec IMMEDIATELY, on my mobile. They told me that I could not do that, as it breach ASX rules and was obviously supporting the price. My intentions were no such thing, as I told them. But they still wouldn't let me put in that BUY order. I had to put it in at 1 cent above the last traded price, and it took 2 days before the order got filled.

Now we see bots doing exactly what I was not allowed to do, but this being blatantly for price manipulation.

And yes - I contacted the ASX about this happening a few days ago, and got the standard "we see no signs of illegal activity" guff in return.

It stinks!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TOX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.