IMC 0.00% 10.0¢ immuron limited

Disgusting Manipulation, page-2

1. 10,113 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 27351

The following is just my opinion nothing more and nothing less. 

It seems the consensus opinion that the share price is being manipulated which given the ease that this can be done by bot trading it is no surprise and is in fact the norm across the ASX.  There has been lots written on the subject. One article I read recently suggested that ordinary shareholders only defence against this manipulation was to play the long game and ignore manipulation as you cannot beat it and you cannot join in because the playing field is not level. 

It is suggested from time to time by posters across HC that a company should do something to stop the manipulation however I have never seen it suggested what it is that a company can or should do to prevent this manipulation after all the ASX has licenced bot trading and makes a profit from it and the more trades made the bigger the profit to the ASX.

The best we as shareholders can hope for from the company is that it does not leak, it manages its affairs with integrity and it keeps the market fully informed to the extent that commercial in confidence allows.

Where IMC is concerned I am yet to loose confidence in the company's performance where these three requirements are concerned.

In respect of the proposed partnership to advance IMM-124e the company advised after the successful Phase 2 results were released that they were basically overwhelmed by approaches and that (my words) had decided to take a step back and they completed a small capital raising of $5 million to allow this stepping back to occur.  Since that time they have brought onto the board Mr. Berman who has special skills in regards to this area no doubt (but only my opinion) because the company recognised it lacked the necessary expertise to manage the approaches being made and ensure that the best possible deal was obtained.

In any negotiation it is always useful to have the upper hand.  The company because of having a product in the market (Travelan) growing income and other results pending in particular the Department of Defence (Vaccine development) and C. Diff both completely separate from NASH unlike most other bio's it does have the upper hand and sometimes in educating the other party you have to play that hand so that they fully understand that they have to come to the table at least as equals or hopefully with cap in hand.

Presently while I always like to see the share price rise just like everyone else I am content to let this play out and ignore the manipulators.  

But as I said at the beginning this is only my opinion and you should most likely ignore it entirely as you have no idea what qualifications or expertise I may or may not have.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.