SRS 0.00% 7.1¢ spicers limited

Disgusting, page-2

1. 12,004 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1712
    Yes, I agree that its disgusting, so many people losing their jobs, most I'm sure were extremely good employees doing their best.
    Yes, I also agree that Paperlinx management did not understand the UK market and the changing situation in the paper business. For years Paperlinx management lived the good life far beyond what is considered as reasonable.
    Frankly, Paperlinx should have downsized years ago and sacked 1/2 the staff then and restructured the business. Thats what a good manager would've done, but no they held on trying to prop up an ailing business segment that is in the state decline.
    The final collapse of the business however can be credited to the UK businesses who dealt with Paperlinx as the printers and suppliers drove down the margins trying to buy paper so cheap that nobody could make a profit. Then " some major mills have started selling directly to it customers at ‘unsustainably low prices’ and competing with merchants for the same business with aggressive price cuts."
    Sorry to say but the UK business conditions and sheer greed of UK printers is what eventually brought Paperlinx to its knees in the UK.
    Its almost certain that the rest of Europe will go into administration as well, its about time Paperlinx management realise that the UK and Europe business is a burden on the companies finances and the quicker they get rid of them the better for all concerned.

Yes, Paperlinx shareholders can now look forward to a much better investment, and its about time since Aussie PPX shareholders have been propping up the UK operation for years it has been at our expense with the company worth just AUD$11.3million on the ASX

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SRS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.