OAK 0.00% 8.9¢ oakridge international limited

Disruptive Tech ..or Not?

1. 2,639 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 497
    Lots of great posts on the whole IOT subject, many awesome researchers trying to get their heads around what XPED/ADRC is all about, and how it fits in the 'big picture'

Also some posts on potential competition, it does appear the the 'bluetooth' brand does not want to lose market share to something better. Hence Bluetooth may well become a brand itself, rather than a name for a technology.

The IOT world is full of talking heads, who appear to know what has to be done, what needs to be done, and how it can be done (but apart from a few) many of these do have vested interests, so would view a lot of these so called enlightening articles with a little bit of caution.

Of course the XPEd developed ADRC tech is becoming a source of major attention from the big payers, those that can move markets, and more importantly MOVE ENTIRE INDUSTRIES .

We all know that there are several players in the field that also are trying to develop similar techs to ADRC, Samsung in particular comes to mind, but i do think that this sort of strategy can work, consumers like ideas, but do not like to be forced to use products determined by the supplier of the idea. A very good comparison was the Sony Mini Disk…a great product, that to a certain extent was in the wrong place at the wrong time (just before the iPod!) but more importantly, failed as it could only be played on the Sony Mini Disk player
    So ADRC does have this one great advantage, it is open source, not joined to the hip to any specific manufacturer. ADRC does of course have the flexibility to splice itself into mangy different industry sectors, we already know from what XPED are doing, that they have targeted power management and healthcare…..NOT consumer whitegoods….although that will surely come.

So back to competition, lets now take it as said that any multi product producer, like samsung, or indeed apple and google…are these real competitors? You would have to say no, not really, they are trying to produce IOT devices that form add-ons to current business models…..Google Healthcare -- Apple Power Management ? Doesn't really sound that good really.  XPED have ALREADY STARTED TO CREATE THEIR OWN SPACE and that to me speaks volumes, XPED are not looking to Add On to something already there, they are in fact redefining connectivity.

RIP Bluetooth, it has had it's time, and still annoyingly difficult to connect at times, (ever tried to connect in your car, when you are surrounded with dozens of other bluetooth in-car devices??) So what are Bluetooth doing…they are trying to upgrade their product - which really is nothing more than an elaborate 'patch'. Bluetooth are already entrenched in their space and have been extremely successful, but their time has passed. They cannot simply 'reinvent the wheel' by bringing out 'Bluetooth2' - ADRC is the grim reaper, string over the demise of Bluetooth.

Now look at the foundation stones that XPED have been laying…….agreements, MOUs Acquisitions, Heavy Hitter Board members, and collaboration with the most influential names in IT.
    XPED have been building from the bottom up……..no flash fancy interface being touted to the market, before the product(s) are ready - the product will be embedded, and be part of the fundamental chipset. Another good analogy of this is for those of you that do excel programming (or write apple open source), all you are in fact are doing , is using someone else's platform, and the results may be spectacular, but you still needed that fundamental instrument - tool - to work with. XPED have not only created the tool, but have made that tool so easy to use. I am sure that there will be many developers in the next decade that will be designing ADRC interfaces, and control mechanisms, and most certainly developing uses for ADRC that to now have not even been visualised.

So what does the future hold, and where will ADRC fit into this……well let's take as starting point…Moore's Law, i.e. processing capability doubles every two years (or something like that…look it up, i can't be bothered with detail) - there are suggestions that with the development of quantum processing, Moore's law falls over. But i also believe that whilst the processing capability can double within a discreet timeframe (which as i state, such a discreet timeframe may no longer apply) , the useful application to take advantage of this ever increasing processing power, will find new barriers. he first one being, is the actual practical use. OK it may take a few nano seconds less to manipulate a 20Gb image, it may allow some precision manufacturing device to become even more accurate…..but this is not disruptive, it is purely 'better'. The second barrier to the practical application of Moore's Law, is the Human Factor: Some of you may remember your first real programming exposure…..for me it was a UK Sinclair, with 1kb memory, expandable up to an amazing 16kb - of course times have moved on a little since then. But with this ever increasing processing power, many people feel left behind, certainly of my generation. However the Gen X (and whatever label has been put on the next batch) are brought up in an era of ever expanding technology and processing power. So when there is a fundamental generational change, that embrace more complex interactions and connections, the new space and the tech that ADRC will bring to the world, backed up with a basic fact of increased connectivity and processing power; will be embraced by these generations. It's not new anymore…it's just better.

So….to answer the question by the post title:

Yes, ADRC is not only a disruptive tech, but is also disruptive in it's social implications, and i feel the latter point is more important.

And just a little bit of 'history about to repeat itself'

Bluetooth

In 1998, Ericsson, Intel, Nokia, Toshiba and IBM came together to form the Bluetooth Special Interest Group. No single company owns the technology, so the member companies of the group work to promote awareness and use of Bluetooth technology.
    The name comes from the 10th-century Danish king Harold Bluetooth. Bluetooth helped bring peace to the warring factions in Norway, Sweden and Denmark; like King Bluetooth, the technology "allow(s) connectivity and collaboration between disparate products and industries."

Thanks for all who read through this, very happy to be contradicted, agreed with, vilified, as long as it is constructive and helps those who read HC to get a better understanding of what XPED are on the verge of…then all good.

Just for the record, i am not affiliated with any IT company, nor is this in any way intended to offend (as there may be a very slight chance that Green supporters may visit this site, and they do, unfortunately feel threatened by anything that indicates progress)

(far more interesting that Pollies on this most boring of elections!)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.566M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 100000 6.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.5¢ 182500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OAK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.