OAK 0.00% 6.7¢ oakridge international limited

Disruptive Tech ..or Not?, page-18

1. 13,512 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2695
    "Are you implying that both ADRC and Bluetooth 5 can work in the same space, or are they in fact complimenting each other in a similar but not identical space?"

Portsmouth - yes, I am saying that ADRC and Bluetooth can work together as components of Systems-on-Chip (SoC) where multiple stack capacity is provided - as in Telink's chips.

With Telink, this is the current intention with porting ADRC to Telink's BLE mesh chips (Bluetooth 4.2) and I presume this will also be the case when and if Telink upgrades from 4.2 to 5.

The fact that ADRC is being added to Telink's BLE chips (to enhance functionality), rather than replacing BLE is apparent from the May 5 ASX announcement - as follows:

"This formal agreement with Telink highlights the desire for both parties to join forces and incorporate respective IP and patented technology and build a world-class IOT chip that can be distributed to Telink's customers.

Telink has the vision to become the world's leading IOT connectivity chip supplier and has been recognised as having the world's first all in one IoT Chip in 2015.

Telink is one of the only companies with true mature Bluetooth Low Energy ("BLE") mesh technology and has a number of key patents that cover the BLE field. Telink currently supplies its chips to leading customers, including GE, who have adopted Telink's BLE mesh and produces in excess of 5m chips a month.

Telink Chairman and CEO Dr Wenjun Sheng stated, "We are extremely excited to be working with Xped. Xped's unique solution will enhance our IoT chip offerings and create a matchless global first end-to-end solution".

"The opportunity at hand is significant; IoT is the future and the joint collaboration and porting of Xped's software onto our Telink Chips will add significant value. The combination of both Telink and Xped's technology will provide access to new channels and revenue opportunities for both companies, as well as giving prospective and existing customers of both Telink and Xped fresh and innovative optionality that until now has never been available."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.