OAK 0.00% 6.7¢ oakridge international limited

"Thanks for all who read through this, very happy to be...

1. 13,512 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2695
    "Thanks for all who read through this, very happy to be contradicted, agreed with, vilified, as long as it is constructive and helps those who read HC to get a better understanding of what XPED are on the verge of…then all good"

Portsmouth - thanks for your post and the time you put in to it. Some good points, but I believe you are making a fundamental error in believing that "XPED are not looking to Add On to something already there, they are in fact redefining connectivity".

My understanding from reading up on IoT generally and specifically reading XPE's announcements and articles like Next Tech Stock's "New Deal Puts XPE in position to build global first en-to-end IoT solution", is that ADRC is very much about being an "add-on".

I can see nothing to suggest that ADRC can or is a competitor to connectivity techs such as Bluetooth, Bluetooth Low Energy, mesh, Thread or Zigbee.

It seems to me rather that ADRC's value proposition is to add value to other connectivity techs by providing software (that can be added to SoC stacks) that can create a single point of control for several devices.

My main reason for believing this is the Telink collaboration where it is apparent that ADRC is to be ported on to Telink chips based on Telink's proprietary Bluetooth Low Energy mech technology. There is no replacement of Bluetooth. It is added to the stack, thereby working with Bluetooth.

I don't understand your comment re "RIP Bluetooth, it has had it's time" and that Bluetooth 5 is just a 'patch'.

My reading suggests quite the contrary - that many players are very excited about Bluetooth 5 because of its much greater speed and range. Accordingly, I believe your comment that "ADRC is the grim reaper, string over the demise of Bluetooth" is fanciful to say the least.

Not only is ADRC not a Bluetooth competitor, I can hardly see its demise when so many big players are behind the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG) and, perhaps more importantly, the big IoT players are 'excited' about Bluetooth 5.

For example, GE, indicated its 'excitement' about the role of Bluetooth in IoT's future at the recent US National Hardware Show - as I quoted in the "Telink - How Big" thread. Here it is again and as you can see, your opinion of Bluetooth being a spent force is not shared by GE nor by Telink, nor by the Bluetooth SIG:

"The panel discussion centered on technology and how it can be an enabler for manufacturers. Specifically, how GE is using Bluetooth and lighting as the gateway into smart homes. According to Tom, the average home has 42 lights in it…42! If those lights had some intelligence, and could talk to each other, you could create a whole-home network…and that it exactly what they are using Bluetooth for. Add mesh to the mix, and now you have the backbones for a truly smart home that doesn’t need an expensive gateway or any other equipment to get up and running. It’s Bluetooth, so you can control the entire array via your phone or tablet, and then add pieces to it as you want (no need to buy an entire system or pay monthly fees to have someone ‘maintain’ it). This is what consumers want—no one wants to buy a bunch of stuff they may not use, and no one wants to be locked into one vendor’s system. With Bluetooth (and soon mesh) you have choices, and all the devices will work with each other seamlessly.

These are the reasons GE is betting on Bluetooth for their smart home solutions, and the reason why the smart home industry is so excited about Bluetooth.
    Last edited by vintage: 03/07/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.808M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 380 6.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.9¢ 65728 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OAK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.