TPT 0.00% 0.9¢ tangiers petroleum limited

Cab, there's a number of JKA investors who are just the same.....

1. 1,063 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 66
    Cab, there's a number of JKA investors who are just the same.. They're everywhere.

Silver,
    Don't get me wrong mate, I agree that the timing is a little ripe and can be seen as fishy to say the least.. I also think that the BoD have probably done this deal earlier than they intended (probably were looking into it for a while now) but with the outlook of their future looking dull, I think they hurried it up. It does make you wonder if this is their way of saving their own arses, but I doubt it was cooked up over night. They clearly had it in their sights but pressure has pushed it ahead (imagine having your rabbit in the hat but being sacked and not able to reveal it - that's what I think happened here).. Now of course this might get you thinking they made a bad deal and could have gotten JKA cheaper, but I'd say it's not that much more than they'd have to pay anyway. JKA may have very well increased in SP just as TPT may have and therefore these discussions of getting them cheaper are muted.

I just think the pressure on the BoD finally made them make a move, and while they may be a little premature (although a lot of factors could be put into consideration where later is worse) on it, I think its still a good deal. It's like being dirty on yourself for buying TPT at 20c when you could have gotten them at their low if 17c a few weeks later. I think our biggest worry here is the deal not getting 90% approval and therefore this was just a waste of time. But I guess that's the risks you take when making T/O offers, we can only hope it benefits us in the long run.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TPT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.