HTX 0.00% 0.1¢ healthlinx limited

distribution method for ovplex

1. 119 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    The only thing that really seems to be a negative with the OvPlex story for me is the distribution method. Does anyone know why the test is sold directly to the patients over the internet instead of to their doctor/hospital? It doesn't seem to make any sense that you would have a woman who is in the higher risk group that would prompt testing for ovarian cancer being told by her doctor "go home and buy something online, wait for it to arrive, then bring it back to me and I'll test you."

Everything else about the test that I have found through my research is fantastic, this first generation of the test is >92% efficient as compared to ~60% for CA125 alone, it would be seen as fairly cheap in western markets if it was being sold to you by your doctor and it's fairly quick and painless. But it can be the best test in the world (and sounds like it is) but if it is too hard to access people will just keep taking the old one.

The whole 'buy it online' thing is compounded by the fact that the highest risk group for this cancer is post menopausal women, who are going to be older and even less likely to go purchase something online than the younger generation!

Does anyone have any insight as to why HealthLinx have chosen such a bizarre distribution method for what should be a company making product?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HTX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.