XJO 0.73% 7,947.3 s&p/asx 200

Diversify your investments Tuesday Dec 8th

1. 8,720 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 81
    Diversified investments.PNG

Hi Troops, the XJO again failed to inspire today, and as I was working I came across the following quote which I thought was quite apt (and made me reflect for a few seconds about why I fool myself into thinking I can predict what the stock market is going to do, before my well-developed sense of false-confidence returns and I shake that doubt out of my head):

Niels Bohr quote.PNG

Looking at today's trading the candle imo looks a bit deceptive (see below), because of course the open equals the close of the previous day's trading. In actual fact the market opened high and essentially sold off steadily to around the 5150 level before finishing the day slightly up from the day's low. Volume was higher than average which suggested to me that some of the buyers who contributed to last Monday's and Tuesday's higher than normal volumes cleaned out some of their positions today. Disappointingly, the market closed just below that 5166 level notionally setting a support level from that two-candle reversal formation last week.

2015-12-07 XJO daily.png

No predictions for tomorrow, I'm completely non-plussed about direction atm. Good luck & safe trading.
    Sharks.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.