NHC 1.08% $4.68 new hope corporation limited

Hi Barrington. Sorry i wasn’t picking on you. When we were...

1. 84 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    Hi Barrington. Sorry i wasn’t picking on you. When we were talking about WHC I was saying i agree with you, people dont understand the company and therefore react badly with the lowered dividend. They see profits are down by a large amount and think something is wrong and sell!. This is a double whammy with WHC because profits are also down because of the coal price.

With NHC we are also going to have profits down and selling but not as bad as WHC as its just because of the coal price. We may have a bump because of New Acland but people are going to panic i think here as well. This will get worse in full year.

Regarding financials being hard to understand yes! but what i like about coal and particularly new hope is its reasonably simple with the low debt. You can also just plug in prices realised per tonne and the total they are aiming to mine.

Agree NHC is quality. Im actually investing in NHC as a dividend stock which is strange I know for a miner but i gain some comfort with the large insider ownership which is all about the dividend and i have confidence with their capital management. If im worried about anything its coal prices going down but i think we at the towards the lower of what we can get to (in the long term)

Anyway yes the quality is important but I want a quality company for a good price. I have one position already and am prepared to take a double position if the price goes down further. Well done on the average price of $4.60. Mine is $5.0 as i sold out before when we went high and will no doubt suffer on my tax return.Noticed you mention NWH. Would love to hear you view of why this is so high on your quality list.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.68
Change
0.050(1.08%)
Mkt cap ! $3.956B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.64 $4.69 $4.63 $6.977M 1.493M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 27667 $4.67

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.68 5449 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$4.68
  Change
0.050 ( 1.16 %)
Open High Low Volume
$4.64 $4.68 $4.64 441282
Last updated 15.59pm 10/05/2024 ?
NHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.