MRM 0.00% $2.69 mma offshore limited

dividend payment off the cards???, page-12

1. 3,147 Posts.
    Regarding:

This kind of environment impacts company behaviour. Wherever there is a discretionary spend they are the ones that attract the most [cost reduction] focus at this time. I think both cost cutting and consolidation will happen."

I read Mr Weber as referring to the industry in general not specifically MMA, though of course if earnings decline then naturally a 'tightening of the belt' will be on the agenda for MMA too.

Nikpro, I agree that MMA should be able to weather the storm, meeting interest payments and paying a decent dividend (payout may reduce from 50% but still well above risk-free rates). Regardless of capex spend companies will still need the services MMA provide to maintain their current operations and MMA do not appear to have agreat dela of competiuon on the scale they operate.

I think the EBA was settled a few months back so I doubt current situation will have any bearing on that until the next round of negotiations is up for grabs. I hope unions consider job security as well as rewards when bargaining - I'm sure they do to a degree.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MRM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.