Thanks for your detailed response acwmr. I certainly have had...

1. 34,916 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 480
    Thanks for your detailed response acwmr. I certainly have had some horror stories but some great stories as well. I have done very well traditionally out of speculative investing but I have never been under any false pretences about the substantial risk and always tempered what I was willing to risk. I always asked myself when investing speculatively, if I lost all I invested would it potentially affect my quality of life. If I answered yes then I knew I had invested too much and would adjust accordingly. With my speculative investing I have always turned substantial profits into more stable investments, particularly property so I am comfortable in that respect.

I guess now I am at an age where I want to reduce my investment risk so am looking at where I can place my disposal cash for comfortable but safe returns. As mentioned my area of expertise has really been in speculation but rule changes have killed that off (at least for now) thus my reason for posing the question regarding dividend stocks. I appreciate your comments. I am not scared to do my homework and will certainly investigate more about corporate bonds.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.