OZL 0.00% $26.44 oz minerals limited

While people are talking about dividends - can I ask if anybody...

1. 7,762 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 24
    While people are talking about dividends - can I ask if anybody else has shared my curious experience re the 2006 OXR dividends.
    First - the background - over a decade ago I was careless enough to mislay a parcel of OXR bought in 1996 or 97 - the story is sketched on the ASX - General forum - 27th Sept;
    "lost" shares - how many are out there
    http://www.hotcopper.com.au/post_threadview.asp?fid=2&tid=1264682&msgno=349616#349616
    The two 2006 dividends never turned up at the Vic Govt "unclaimed moneys" dept.
    The 2007 and 2008 divs were paid by OZL to "unclaimed moneys" this year - with the 2007 divs exactly reflecting my lost parcel.
    But the 2008 div amounts changed slightly in a constant ratio reflecting a slightly larger parcel (or interest ?) - but of course I never changed the parcel size - because I had lost it.
    The only explanation I can come up with is that the company made a decision to compensate me for the 2006 divs by adding on a little wad of OXR shares at ~$3.90 to equal the 1c + 3c 2006 divs - which is a possible SP for that summer 2007-08. I find it surprising because this lost parcel (and another larger CHESS parcel in same name) was never in the DRP. I did opt into the DRP for other CHESS holdings in Super Fund and Trust names.
    However I have just learnt after shepherding the lost parcel back to my CHESS account - is that it has increased by exactly that number which would explain the 2006 div at ~$3.90 per share.
    I know this raises other questions - such as - if the decision was made in summer 07-08 to replace some unclaimed divs with shares as in the DRP scheme - why not replace all the unclaimed divs - throw in the 2007 amounts too ?
    Then later why not be consistent and carry the process on after the 2008 divs were unclaimed ?
    OXR changed their registry at the end of 2006 from Perth to Eastern States - which might have caused the 2006 divs to be treated in this odd way.
    Anyway - I just wondered if anybody else who has had dividends go unclaimed for a while - note Enoch above - has had an experience as curious as mine with the 2006 divs ?

Finally - greetings to missionx - ah those old Oxiana daze !

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OZL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.