CRN 1.18% $1.26 coronado global resources inc.

Dividend, page-3

1. 1,234 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 101
    Thanks for confirming.
    Was listening to some guy on TV a couple of nights ago and he was saying management were terrible.
    He would rather go into New Hope and Whitehaven as the management team were so passionate and knew there stuff.
    They are both down heavy yesterday and today.
    I have done a bit of research on a few coal miners.
    Weather impacts seem to play a big role with these guys. So I went and looked at some rainfall data.
    The majority of mines that NHC and WHC are in NSW where the terrible weather has severely impacted their operations..
    The Bowen basin had some terrible weather too but nowhere near as much as NSW.
    In fact since the 26th of November there has only been 3 days of rain. 2.2mm. 2.6mm (these are sprinkles - I have a weather station at home )
    Then a week later 30mm of rain and so far 9 straight days of no rain until today.
    I do however believe this company doesn't appreciate as much in price as the other 2 probably because it's not expanding as hard as the 2 above because they are paying out a lot of cash in the form of dividends (and it isn't twice a year either). This is not normal in my opinion.
    CRN is also not a thermal coal miner. Price of thermal is higher. I heard also that some analysts believe that CRN locked in met coal prices until next year and are not benefitting from the spot price of met coal.
    But I did read somewhere that CRN are expanding the Curragh mine slightly?
    If CRN continues to pay out as i read 60-100% of the free cash flow a year i think its not a bad investment assuming the met coal price doesnt collapse.
    I also believe when China re-opens met coal prices will increase. There is also the Russia-Ukraine war. I think you need steel to re-build Ukraine
    Many say coking/met coal is not a good investment as coal mines will be phased out. This is near impossible. Steel requires coking coal, Currently without coking coal steel can not be produced. As you would know, steel is required in all construction, vehicles etc. I forgot, Wind turbines, solar panels etc.
    I think met coal is around to stay forever. Cant have renewable energy without met coal.
    Just bought a good chunk of CRN. Mainly for the dividend yield. Too good to pass up.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.26
Change
-0.015(1.18%)
Mkt cap ! $2.099B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.27 $1.27 $1.23 $2.003M 1.598M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
28 83500 $1.26

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.26 50706 42
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.49pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.