QAN 0.68% $5.85 qantas airways limited

Wine Collector;Yes i do realise that the 13c distribution was...

1. 2,656 Posts.
    Wine Collector;

Yes i do realise that the 13c distribution was abnormal, however QAN needs further investment and may keep up this pattern of distribution to entice further capital raisings.

Excess capacity is what is killing the 3rd most profitable route in the world. 3 carriers trying to squeeze the life out of the MEL-Syd route is driving down RPK, however domestically QAN retains plenty of business from long term Governement contracts on this route, most of which pay the fully flexible rate. QAN is also the prefered choice for business travellers despite VBA's "premium economy".

VBA has its own issues and i know first hand that they have put on hold all crew training for new destinations such as Johanessburg, Prague and Shainghai which were to be announced later this year. Yeah the LAX route did not pull off as was thought. They need to stick with what they are good at as a LCC and stick to low cost destinations.

The above post was not meant to be misleading and i do not hold QAN at present, just saw the figures on Fairfax media and found it interesting.

All the best.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.85
Change
-0.040(0.68%)
Mkt cap ! $9.532B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.84 $5.91 $5.84 $38.05M 6.494M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 22710 $5.85

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.86 26030 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.