FML 11.5% 11.5¢ focus minerals ltd

dividends are a good idea? are they?, page-2

1. 12,042 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 155
    Capital return - If you can get the ato to agree on tax free capital return, great. That wins.

Divy - you pay tax. This is Australia - pay your tax. If you can legally minimise it or avoid it good luck to you.

Buyback - increases value of shares, pay tax when you sell

Grow your company - I hope so, regardless of what they do. Pay tax when you sell.

Some people are happy to say my share assets are worth xxx and as long as that goes up people are happy. For these people divvies is not preffered.I understand and accept that.

Me personally i have shares so I can eventually have $xxx in my hands. So unless the tax free capital return happens . I am paying tax anyway. I look at shares as potential income stream. Without a divy I have to sell to make money - pay tax.

If FML can attact more long term holders by paying a divy then this will probably be reflected in the share price may even bring a bit more stability. Plenty of people hold shares to collect the divy.

So thats why I like a divy. Guess what you like depends on what your goals are hence all the debates that happen on this topic

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FML (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
11.5¢
Change
-0.015(11.5%)
Mkt cap ! $32.95M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.5¢ 12.5¢ 11.5¢ $3.285K 28.21K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 57434 11.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.5¢ 11795 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.36am 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FML (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.