IGR 0.00% 50.0¢ integra mining limited

dividends revisited

1. 22,326 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 769
    A few weeks ago when I inquired about IGR intention to pay a dividend I was
    given the "short back and sides" from both the company and other HC posters
    but it seems that I am not the only one expressing concern re divvies.

An article in The Australian on p22, 20th Dec entitled "Miners strike gold in consolidation" comments :

"The lacklustre performance of gold miners shares compared to the stellar performance of the metal they dig up has been something of a head-scratcher
    Evy Hambro, joint chief investment officer of BlackRock's natural resources equity team,has opined the divergence has to do with these companies' poor record on returns, which is why he is leading a charge for gold producers to hand shareholders more of the cash they are sitting on"

If small gold miners such as IGR want more institutional investors , then CEOs have to carefully listen to spokespeople such as Mr Hambro rather than wonder why that there is a rift between SP and the POG.

A peer of IGR, Kingrose Mining (KRM) has already got the message by announcing last week that it intends to pay a divvie next April despite the fact,
    like IGR, it started to pour gold a year ago.

So in summary, I still maintain that IGR should consider paying a divvie sooner rather than later for the reasons stated above. and that management should pay
    careful attention to institutional investors such as Mr Hambro.

It is simply not good enough to be told by management and HC posters to
    invest elsewhere if an inquiry is made about a divvie because that's precicely
    what is happening potential institutional IGR investors now.

If an ASX 200 listed company has not got traded cover calls and if one wants to hold the stock, the only way to mitigate volatility and risk is to get a divvie.

I appreciate that short term traders and 'punters" may have differing expectations of IGR than that of investors.

Cheers
    Moorookamick

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.