SBB 0.00% 1.2¢ sunbridge group limited

dividends, page-198

1. 171 Posts.
    If he pays himself the dividend the other shareholders also get the dividend, that's what shareholders want of course.

Regarding the scenario if he were to run with the cash, it happens more often than you think. Obviously that's not the ideal scenario for a businessman, but it can happen in situations where CEOs have financial problems - e.g. if they owe money from leveraging into some other venture which went wrong, it can be a last resort to run with cash (particularly if the cash is greater than your share value or total market cap). The point it, we don't know what other business engagements and financial commitments the CEO has. China is a big place, there are lots of places to hide. This sounds far-fetched in Australia, but you can read about it every day in the Chinese newspapers.

I don't have a view on the SBB CEO because I don't know him and can't dig up enough background information on him, but all I can say is that CEOs running with money happens ALL the time. Enough times for investors to see it as a risk and factor that into their valuations.
    Last edited by Ultrabook: 23/01/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SBB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.